SiteBuilder is a pretty expensive website building service. For $7.95 a month, you better be sure that it is the right website builder for your needs. When first visiting the website, you may notice the sparse design, the lack of a creative logo, and the list of advantages that you get when using SiteBuilder. In addition, you will also encounter the three easy steps that you need to go through to build your website.
Behind all of the information on the SiteBuilder website, the main question remains – how good is this website building service for the price that you pay?
Fortunately, this review will answer your question and give you all of the pertinent information that you need to make a solid decision regarding your website building needs. By choosing an option that works for you, you can be sure that you are investing money and getting a fair return. Let’s start with an overview of SiteBuilder, after all – knowing about the brand can tell you a lot.
Summary of SiteBuilder:
To receive information about SiteBuilder, you need to do a lot of digging – or allow us to do the digging for you, because SiteBuilder does not outright discuss its brand on its website.
SiteBuilder is a tool that allows you to create and publish your website. The service was initially build to enable those working at universities to easily publish information about their course in a quick and easy manner. As the website builder grew in popularity, so did its customer base. Today, thousands of users take advantage of SiteBuilder to launch their own website. The main advantage of using this website building service is the ease of use. Here, you do not need any special software or programming skills to get your site online.
Most users who publish their website using SiteBuilder generally have good things to say. Overall, most rank it in a 9 out of 10 category, which means that it excels in templates, user friendliness, features, pricing, and customer service.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
Even the best website building services have disadvantages. Therefore, to really know what you are getting into, it is necessary to figure out where the service excels and where it falls behind expectations.
Here are the pros and cons of SiteBuilder:
- Free domain name upon registration – you can create your website and attain hosting service all at once
- $300 of advertising credits to improve your website’s visibility
- You do not need any special skills to start a website and launch it through SiteBuilder
- There are thousands of free templates that will turn your website from drab to professional
- SiteBuilder also has many add-ons that you can use for your website to improve its functionality, e-commerce capabilities, and the like
- Multimedia capabilities to support videos and images
- The site building process can be completed in three easy and quick steps
- Registration is also simple
- The system is user-friendly
- Can adjust functions like typography, header spacing, logo height, and navigation background
- Expensive – especially when you can find other website building services that provide you with the same capabilities
- Contacting customer support is especially difficult and once you get a hold of them, they tend to not be very helpful
- No phone support or live chat
- Charge hidden fees
- Site building tool has many features, but activation takes a long time (3 days)
- Not enough information online regarding the website building service. Too many reviews are biased
- Odd charges
- Upgrading the website is difficult
When analyzing the advantages and disadvantage, one thing is clear at the onset: SiteBuilder provides users with numerous capabilities and functions to get started. However, there are also some kinks in the system that should cause users to second guess their decision.
Most website building services have numerous reviews online that tout the advantages and disadvantages of choosing the service. Unlike the standard though, SiteBuilder’s online reviews were all extremely positive – until you get into what customer are actually saying about the website building service. Many complained about the payment system, unexpected charges, and terrible customer service. Therefore, if you are concerned about these issues, then it is best to find a different website building service.
Another prominent issue with the website building service is the templates that it offers. While all of them are free, you still are not going to get the high-quality template that you can get when you pay for it. Therefore, at some level, your website may be lacking.
A Comparison of SiteBuilder’s Plans:
There are three different monitoring packages that you can choose from when you opt for SiteBuilder.
- Premium Plan. Oddly enough, the “premium” plan is the cheapest plan. With the premium plan, you can expect to pay $7.95 per month to use the service. This plan features use of the control panel to build your website, website building tools, SEO capabilities, advertising credits, and PayPal compatibility.
- Business Plan. The business plan is the second plan that SiteBuilder offers. With this plan, you pay $9.95 per month. The purpose of this plan is to enable users to build a website where the primary function is to present a business. Similar to the premium plan, here you can use the control panel to build your website, you can use the CDN, and you attain SEO and PayPal compatibility.
- E-Commerce. The third and final plan that SiteBuilder offers is the eCommerce plan. With this plan, you pay $17.95 per month. Here, you can create a website that works as both a website and online store. Like most other website building e-commerce tools, you can add a free shopping cart to your website, you can use PayPal transactions, there are SEO advertising credits, and the control panel is an easy way to get started with your website.
When choosing any of these options, one of the main advantages is that you can cancel the plan at any time. Each plan has a money back guarantee if you are not happy with the service. To take advantage of the money back guarantee, you need to reach out within 14 days of starting the service.
While the money back guarantee is certainly an advantage to using the service, one of the main issues is that SiteBuilder does not inform users outright that they can cancel the service if they dislike it. To find the money back guarantee, you need to read through the Terms of Service on SiteBuilder’s site.
What are SiteBuilder Customer’s Saying
As mentioned earlier, SiteBuilder’s customers are not generally happy with the service. While there are many reviews online that express how wonderful SiteBuilder is, the customer reviews paint a different picture that is worth being aware of. While there are more negative reviews than positive reviews, we will still start with the good points that customers are talking about.
The Positive Reviews
- Free domain when you buy the premium plan
- You can integrate Google AdSense
- Has some great website building tools that are easy to use
- SEO friendly
- Traffic building capabilities
- Can create a website with a professional touch
The Negative Reviews
Here are some of the most negative reviews in terms of how SiteBuilder operates:
- For the premium price – it just is not worth it. Support requests are also refused too often.
- Unlocking domain to transfer it elsewhere is difficult when you decide to cancel the service
- Overcharge you and they do not keep a record of the additional fess you pay. Makes getting your money back an awful experience
- Not the type of website building service you want to use to start your own business
- More in the business of scamming customers instead of providing them with quality web hosting and site building services
- Email account with SiteBuilder somehow disappeared
- Support does not share technical information of discussions and how the website building tool works
- Over charge
Overall, a lot of the issues with SiteBuilder have to do with the lack of or poor customer support and the high price that you pay to use the service. In addition, those that do make a payment to use the service also experience problems such as emails that are not connected properly and difficulty transferring a domain name.
On the side of advantages, at least you get some functional and great tools with the website building service.
SiteBuilder – Overall
Overall, it is difficult to not recommend a website building service based upon customer reviews. However, in this case, the high price and lack of customer satisfaction are real issues that you should be aware of before trying out SiteBuilder. At least the worst that can happen when you do choose this service is that if you do not like it, you will need to go through the refund process.
As customers have pointed out, even the process of getting your money back through the money back guarantee is not as easy as it should be. Still – at least you can try it and decide that it isn’t for you.
Free domain name upon registration. Easy to use where users do not need any special programming skills to get their site done. Provides clients with 10,000 pre-made templates to choose from. High price.